Become a certified Personal Support Worker, earn secondary school credits, and gain quality employment in the healthcare field. Most students are employed before finishing the program. Filling in the registration form confirms that you have read this entire page and watched the video.
Please watch the videos below to learn more about the PSW Program:
Registration opens in February for the September PSW program start. Please follow ALL directions carefully. The course fills up quickly so if you are interested, apply early. If your application is not complete, you will automatically be disqualified. It is important to ensure that you follow directions and that all answers are complete and thorough. You can only apply to one site. If you are interested in a second site, you may indicate that in your paragraph.
PLEASE NOTE: You must meet all entrance conditions to qualify for admission to the program, which include but aren’t limited to: pre-registration, questionnaire, interview, clear CPIC with VSS, proof of Covid vaccine, medical form completed and all immunizations up to date, as well as a $250 non-refundable deposit. This deposit is required at the time of your conditional acceptance to confirm your seat. A flexible payment plan is available. Please enquire with the PSW teacher in your area.
Cost: 2023-2024 School Year, $1850 (this includes the $250 Deposit and a $50 Student Activity Fee). These fees are for Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents. If you are an International Student, please reach out for fees schedule.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the PSW teacher in your area:
- Belleville & Picton Karen Mayer at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kingston Dianna Rumble at: email@example.com
- Trenton Kim Harvey at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teacher-led instruction by Registered Nurses who are also certified teachers (OCT)
- 10 month – 20 hours per week program Monday to Friday, September to June – with option to fast track and finish earlier
- Supervised clinical placements
- Bridge Program (5 credits)
- 8-month accelerated program (6 credits)
- 10-month full program (6 credits)
- 10-month PSW Program plus Pre-health (up to 10 credits)
PSW Certification following Provincial learning outcomes plus six Ontario Secondary School credits
First Aid & CPR, GPA, PAC, WHMIS, Safe Food Handling
Employment Possibilities: most students are employed before finishing the program
- Long Term Care Facilities
- Homecare Agencies
- Retirement Homes
- Group and Residential Homes
- Day Programs
- 18 years of age or OSSD
- Medical Clearance
- As per facility mandates you will need to meet all medical requirements (flu shot, COVID vaccines, Hep B and 2-step TB test)
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Screen Police Check
- 2 professional reference letters
- Basic computer literacy and access to a computer