Become a certified Personal Support Worker, earn secondary school credits, and gain quality employment in the health care field.
Students are required to attend an information session before applying to the program. Check Personal Support Worker Information Sessions to see when and where the next sessions will be held. Pre-registration is not required to attend an information session.
- Teacher-led instruction by Registered Nurses who are also certified teachers (OCT)
- 10 month – 20 hours per week program Monday to Friday, September to June
- Supervised clinical placements
- Personal Support Worker (PSW) (6 credits)
- Pre Health and Science Program (up to 6 credits)
- PSW plus Pre Health and Science Program (up to 9 credits)
- Health Care Aide Upgrade to PSW (up to 5 credits)
PSW Certification following Provincial learning outcomes plus six Ontario Secondary School credits
First Aid & CPR, GPA, PAC, WHMIS, Safe Food Handling
- 95% of students are employed in the field within six months of graduation
- Home Care Agencies
- Long Term Care Facilities
- Group and Residential Homes
- Retirement Homes
- 18 years of age or OSSD
- Medical Clearance
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Screen Police Check
- 2 professional reference letters
Loyola, School of Adult and Continuing Education is Accredited under the PSW Educational Program Accreditation and has met all professional and educational requirements as outlined by the PSW Educational Program Accreditation Standard.
PSW Preceptor/Placement Survey
For Belleville & Picton:
Please email Karen Mayer at: email@example.com for more information.
Please contact Carole Finn at: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please contact Kim Harvey at: email@example.com for more information.
Twitter – @psweducation
PSW Program Video –