Become a certified Personal Support Worker, earn secondary school credits, and gain quality employment in the health care field. 95% of our PSW program graduates have employment in their field within 6 months of graduation!
Usually, students are required to attend an information session before applying to the program – however this has been waived at this time. Please watch the video below regarding the PSW Program through the following videos:
HOW TO APPLY:
- Watch the above video for the site you are interested in
- Fill out the pre-registration form: PSW 2021-2022 Application form
- Fill out PSW Support Worker-Intake Questionnaire: Personal Support Worker-Intake Questionnaire The questionnaire is to determine your academic suitability and writing skills for the program so there should not be any yes or no answers
Only those who are accepted into the program or for the waitlist will be contacted. If your application is not complete you will automatically be disqualified.
*Please note you need to be successful in the program and must meet all of the conditions in order to qualify for the funding.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the PSW teacher in your area:
Belleville & Picton Karen Mayer at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kingston Carole Finn at: email@example.com
Trenton Kim Harvey at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teacher-led instruction by Registered Nurses who are also certified teachers (OCT)
- 10 month – 20 hours per week program Monday to Friday, September to June
- Supervised clinical placements
- Personal Support Worker (PSW) (6 credits)
- Pre Health and Science Program (up to 6 credits)
- PSW plus Pre Health and Science Program (up to 9 credits)
- Health Care Aide Upgrade to PSW (up to 5 credits)
PSW Certification following Provincial learning outcomes plus six Ontario Secondary School credits
First Aid & CPR, GPA, PAC, WHMIS, Safe Food Handling
- 95% of students are employed in the field within six months of graduation
- Home Care Agencies
- Long Term Care Facilities
- Group and Residential Homes
- Retirement Homes
- 18 years of age or OSSD
- Medical Clearance
- as per facility mandates you will need to meet all medical requirements (flu shot, COVID vaccine, TB,and HepB)
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Screen Police Check
- 2 professional reference letters
Loyola, School of Adult and Continuing Education is Accredited under the PSW Educational Program Accreditation and has met all professional and educational requirements as outlined by the PSW Educational Program Accreditation Standard.
PSW Preceptor/Placement Survey
For Belleville & Picton:
Please email Karen Mayer at: email@example.com for more information.
Please contact Carole Finn at: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please contact Kim Harvey at: email@example.com for more information.
Twitter – @psweducation
PSW Program Video –